For all the couples who planned their wedding in the summer of 2020, Covid-19 was an unexpected event that created a lot of uncertainty and concern. We know that behind the planning of a wedding there are many dreams and expectations, and also a lot of time spent organizing all the details. We are close to all the couples who have faced not only the difficulties associated with this pandemic, but also the complex management of their marriage in the summer of 2020.
Today, however, the news on the pandemic get better, the infections drop everywhere and even marriages can start again. The borders will reopen from 15 June for the countries of the Schengen area, while from 1 July will also be allowed to move to all non-European countries.
For the Coronavirus emergency, the Tuscany Region with Ordinance 65 of 10 June 2020 – Containment and management of the epidemiological emergency from COVID-19 – has issued guidelines for the conduct of marriages starting from 11 June 2020.
The main recommendation is that the guests, in the outdoor spaces, keep a distance of about 1 meter when they are not part of the same family nucleus, according to their individual responsibility.
In closed spaces, such as in church, there is an obligation for the mask for guests except for the spouses.
The state of emergency will expire on 31 July, so for weddings in August, September, and October, unless new developments occur, it will be possible to celebrate wedding normally!
Here is the full text of the ordinance relating to the marriages of the Tuscany Region, valid from 11 June 2020 until 31 Juli:
In compliance with the above general measures and the protocols adopted for the performance of (religious and civil), the following additional indications constitute specific addresses for banquets in the context of ceremonies (e.g. weddings) and similar events (e.g. conferences).
▪ Prepare adequate information on the prevention measures to be respected during the event.
▪ Maintain the list of participants for a period of 14 days.
▪ Rearrange the spaces, to ensure access to the event venue in an orderly manner, in order to avoid gatherings of people and ensure the maintenance of at least 1 meter of separation between users.
▪ The tables must be arranged so as to ensure that at least 1 meter of separation is maintained guests, with the exception of people who are not subject to distancing according to the provisions in force interpersonal. This last aspect belongs to individual responsibility.
▪ Where possible, give preference to the use of outdoor spaces (eg gardens, terraces), always respecting the spacing of at least 1 meter.
▪ Ensure adequate cleaning and disinfection of internal environments and any equipment before each use.
▪ Guests must wear the mask indoors (when they are not sitting at the table) and in the outdoor environments (if the distance of at least 1 meter cannot be respected). The service staff a contact with guests must use the mask and must carry out frequent hand hygiene with sanitizing products.
▪ It is possible to organize a buffet mode through administration by staff in charge,excluding the possibility for guests to touch the above and providing in any case, for guests and staff, the obligation to maintain distance and the obligation to use the mask. The self-service mode can possibly be allowed for buffets made exclusively with single-dose packaged products. In particular, the distribution of food must take place in a manner organizational structures that avoid the formation of assemblies also through a reorganization of the spaces in
relation to the size of the premises; suitable measures must also be assessed (e.g. ground signs, barriers,etc.) to ensure the interpersonal spacing of at least one meter during the row for access to the buffet.
▪ For any musical performances by professionals, please refer to the indications contained in the sheet specific. In any case, activities and aggregation opportunities that do not allow the maintenance of the interpersonal distance of at least 1 meter must be avoided.